Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Deleting a Tax Jurisdiction / Sales transactions
  • LHCR
    New User
    New User

Deleting a Tax Jurisdiction / Sales transactions

by LHCR » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 am

I created a Tax jurisdiction to test something that ended up not working for me. I tested and completed one sale using the tax jurisdiction. In trying to delete the tax jurisdiction I get an error "Can not delete "name". It is used in a Sales transaction."

I then tried to delete the sales transaction in question and couldn't figure out how to do so.

This is not the demo database and is the clean database we will be going live with. Is there a way to clear all our test sales when we do go live?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Deleting a Tax Jurisdiction / Sales transactions

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:13 pm

There is no way to permanently deleted a current sale in RetailEdge. This would be a security issue if we allowed that.

That is why you should always make a backup before you do any large changes in RetailEdge. In addition, RetailEdge comes with three databases: RetailEdgeData, RetailEdgeData_Train, and RetailEdge_Demo. If you are going to test something you might want to:

Make a backup of your real data.
    Change your database to the Train or Demo database.
    Restore the backup into the Train or Demo database.

All that being said, if you call into technical support they may be able to help you out during normal business hours.

LHCR wrote:I created a Tax jurisdiction to test something that ended up not working for me. I tested and completed one sale using the tax jurisdiction. In trying to delete the tax jurisdiction I get an error "Can not delete "name". It is used in a Sales transaction."

I then tried to delete the sales transaction in question and couldn't figure out how to do so.

This is not the demo database and is the clean database we will be going live with. Is there a way to clear all our test sales when we do go live?
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1