Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
How to find amount of Loyalty Dollars issued to one person
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

How to find amount of Loyalty Dollars issued to one person

by glowfish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:32 am

Good Morning
    We have had several people say that their loyalty dollars are not being applied. After reprinting all of their receipts and looking to see which had loyalty applied I can usually figure out that they have been correctly issued their amount. I have a customer who has spent over $400 though and has only applied one $10 loyalty and has none remaining. I want to investigate this but am not sure where to do so. I tried looking in the reports under customer and loyalty and have run detailed and batch history reports but see nothing for this individual. Is there a way to look in the customer manager to see how much and when loyalty dollars have been applied to their account? If not this would be a great feature. Right now the only way I can check to see if they have loyalty dollars is to start a sale and see if they pop up.
    Also, I would prefer to not have sale items go towards loyalty since they are already getting a deal. Maybe this is already occurring since this customer has purchased many sale items. Not sure. Again, I want to see the details for one customer regarding their loyalty dollars.
    The loyalty dollars are GREAT! People are shocked that we are giving them money to spend and I think this keeps them coming back. They also tell their friends. Thanks for making this part of the POS.
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: How to find amount of Loyalty Dollars issued to one person

by glowfish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

My computer is also freezing up when I try to do a batch history report in loyalty. I have had to restart it twice now. Hmmmmm...there is nothing that comes up in details. Maybe there is an issue there. For summary I can see what has been carried over.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

I see what was carried over but not that they have already been issued a $10 loyalty. This is good to know because people forget. It is nice to remind them that you already gave them $10 when they are feeling like you ripped them off.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 pm

That's a good suggestion and I have added it to the list.

Right now there are a number of things you can do.

Run a loyalty report for the customer, to see each loyalty transaction (issuance and spend).

Or on the sales screen, when you add the customer to the sales screen, you will see their loyalty balance on the bottom of the sales screen. Also if you modify the customer, you can see their balance along with their carry over amount. This can be useful so that you can tell the customer they are only $X away from the loyalty balance.

When you batch your loyalty $, you can add a number of filters. One of these is maximum discount so you can prevent issuing loyalty $ against items that were already discounted. Here is a link that describes the loyalty program batch process.

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1659

Hope this helps.
    glowfish wrote:Good Morning
    We have had several people say that their loyalty dollars are not being applied. After reprinting all of their receipts and looking to see which had loyalty applied I can usually figure out that they have been correctly issued their amount. I have a customer who has spent over $400 though and has only applied one $10 loyalty and has none remaining. I want to investigate this but am not sure where to do so. I tried looking in the reports under customer and loyalty and have run detailed and batch history reports but see nothing for this individual. Is there a way to look in the customer manager to see how much and when loyalty dollars have been applied to their account? If not this would be a great feature. Right now the only way I can check to see if they have loyalty dollars is to start a sale and see if they pop up.
    Also, I would prefer to not have sale items go towards loyalty since they are already getting a deal. Maybe this is already occurring since this customer has purchased many sale items. Not sure. Again, I want to see the details for one customer regarding their loyalty dollars.
    The loyalty dollars are GREAT! People are shocked that we are giving them money to spend and I think this keeps them coming back. They also tell their friends. Thanks for making this part of the POS.
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 pm

I looked at the link but I am not sure how the maximum discount would be utilized.
    If you have a formula or some more details that might be helpful.
    Thank you!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Maybe you are already taking care of it since you asked how to do it here

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 244&p=5969

glowfish wrote:I looked at the link but I am not sure how the maximum discount would be utilized.
    If you have a formula or some more details that might be helpful.
    Thank you!
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am

No....I am still lost on filters. So maybe there is one where an item can't be discounted more than 20%? I don't see how that would affect loyalty dollars since that isn't a discount but something you are to eir account.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:01 pm

This filtering is pretty easy.

When creating your loyalty batch you are going to set some filters. The four most common are:

Date Range (required): The sales date range for item sales that you want to extend loyalty for.
    Loyalty Dollars (required): The loyalty dollars to be issued for each X amount of sales (e.g., $5 of loyalty for each $100 spent)
    Loyalty Dollars - Discount (optional): This allows you to set the maximum item discount above which you don't issue loyalty dollars against. So if I want to issue my $5/$100 as in the example above, I might not want to extend it for any items that were already discounted above 10%. So I would just enter 10 for this filter.
    Payment (optional): Many people don't want to issue loyalty against sales that were paid on account or with store credit. This allows you to exempt those sales.

Obviously there are a number of other filters that might be useful. Department filters to prevent loyalty issued on sales from departments where you might not have enough margin. Or Vendor filters to allow you to batch a certain vendor's sales twice for double bonus loyalty when your customer buys from this vendor.

glowfish wrote:No....I am still lost on filters. So maybe there is one where an item can't be discounted more than 20%? I don't see how that would affect loyalty dollars since that isn't a discount but something you are to eir account.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Great. I guess I need to be using the loyalty discount filter. Just wasn't sure what it did. Is there a place where it explains it? I don't want to have to keep asking you about filters.
    Thank you. This helps.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 pm

I would just play with it until you get a feel for it. Remember, the batch allows you to run a pre-batch report so that you can see what the impact is of any particular change before you post in the data.

glowfish wrote:Great. I guess I need to be using the loyalty discount filter. Just wasn't sure what it did. Is there a place where it explains it? I don't want to have to keep asking you about filters.
    Thank you. This helps.
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1