Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Undoing Loyalty Batch Report
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Undoing Loyalty Batch Report

by glowfish » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Ugh...I just ran a batch report twice. I wasn't sure if I had hit the key and of course I already had. The window didn't disappear so I wasn't sure. Too much going on as usual. Now the problem is how do I remove the extra loyalty dollars and carryover? If I do a purge it is everything BEFORE the date. Is there a way to purge only those loyalty dollars given during a particular period...as in today? I didn't see any selection in the purge criteria settings. I could easily go through and hand delete the extra dollars the problem is that their carryover was also increased.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Undoing Loyalty Batch Report

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Ugh is right. There is no good way to unwind a loyalty batch. You can purge unused loyalty but that will purge ALL unused loyalty $ as of a particular date range. If you want to do that you can choose the appropriate option from the tools menu and then purge the customer loyalty dollars. To prevent people from purging data that might be active, we prevent you from purging loyalty dollars issued less than 90 days previously. To get around this you would just need to set your Windows clock forward by a few months and the you will be able to purge the data you want.

This purge will not remove loyalty dollar carry over. So you may still have an issue. Loyalty dollar carry over is created so that a customer can accumulate credit towards an award without having to have that amount of sales for the given period. For instance, if your loyalty is $5.00 for every $100 spent, and the customer spent only $50 dollars for the period, they will have $50 of carryover. So next month if they spend another $50, this amount is added to the carry over and they would be issued the $5.00 of loyalty dollars. The fact that we do have a carry over amount makes it very hard to unwind duplicate batches. So if someone spent $40 and then another $40 in the two month period, we would need to wipe out $40 of carryover and no loyalty. However if they spent $55 and $55 then we would need to remove $5 of loyalty and $10 of carry over. A fairly complicated calculation. We could do something by writing an SQL statement but it would take us a lot of time and might not be worth doing.

This carry over issue with purging etc. is typically why we tell people to have low dollar loyalty criteria. This minimizes the effect of carry over. So if you are doing $5 ever $100 spent you can have up to $100 of carryover. However if you have $0.05/$1.00 spent then the most carryover you will get is $1.00.

If you ran the pre-batch report that tells you what the amount of loyalty dollars to be issued are, you can simply go into the customer's record and remove the appropriate amount of loyalty dollars. This won't deal with the carry over but it will take care of the loyalty dollars portion of the double batch. Hopefully you don't have that many customers who have been issued loyalty $ this month.

If you really want to get crazy about it, you can actually look at the pre-batch report, find the qualifying amount for each customer, run a sale for the amount as a return, issue the batch (loyalty will get unwound with returns), void the sales, and you will be much closer to your desired loyalty value.

Finally (this is the one I like best) you could keep the double loyalty dollar amount and send an e-mail or a flyer to your customers and tell them that "This month is Double Loyalty Dollar Month" and tell them their new double balance and maybe it will generate some additional sales for you.

Let us know how it goes.
    glowfish wrote:Ugh...I just ran a batch report twice. I wasn't sure if I had hit the key and of course I already had. The window didn't disappear so I wasn't sure. Too much going on as usual. Now the problem is how do I remove the extra loyalty dollars and carryover? If I do a purge it is everything BEFORE the date. Is there a way to purge only those loyalty dollars given during a particular period...as in today? I didn't see any selection in the purge criteria settings. I could easily go through and hand delete the extra dollars the problem is that their carryover was also increased.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks for the response. I think the last one was perfect. We did happen to go back and remove the extra loyalty dollars but the carryover is going to add to people accounts. Oh well. I would recommend having the run batch screen disappear when you are done running it. Of course I was multitasking when I did this so when the window was still there I just assumed I had not hit the key. Just a suggestion. I will most likely not make this mistake again. So far the loyalty dollars have been great. Thanks for making them part of your system.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 am

Good to hear. You are not the only one who has done this. So in the next release we will be disabling the button that posts the loyalty unless you go back the filter screen to try and setup a new batch.

glowfish wrote:Thanks for the response. I think the last one was perfect. We did happen to go back and remove the extra loyalty dollars but the carryover is going to add to people accounts. Oh well. I would recommend having the run batch screen disappear when you are done running it. Of course I was multitasking when I did this so when the window was still there I just assumed I had not hit the key. Just a suggestion. I will most likely not make this mistake again. So far the loyalty dollars have been great. Thanks for making them part of your system.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:19 pm

SO....as if we aren't busy enough....I posted loyalty dollars from February to July but sadly it was for February 2016!!!!!
    What can I do? I am totally freaking out.
    I am going to run some reports but seriously...:(
    Have you created an undo batch loyalty yet? I am hoping so.
    THanks!
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Okay...I am thinking I need to export this data out and manually correct stuff. Is there a link on the forum to show me how to do an export and import of this type of data?
    Thanks!
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1