Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Making an Addon Mandatory
  • BIsrael
    New User
    New User

Making an Addon Mandatory

by BIsrael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:37 pm

I have several inventory items where the add-on is used to uniquely identify the product. Is there something in RE that will allow me to identify that at least 1 add-on must be selected with the inventory item sale?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Making an Addon Mandatory

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:00 pm

On the addon's tab of the inventory editor there is a checkbox to "automatically load addon items in sales screen?". If this is checked the addon items will be automatically added to the sale when the item is sold (think bottle deposits). I

You can also do this and hide the items from the customer on the receipt by doing it as a package and have the package printing model be "Print Package Desc/Summary only - One Line."

What you can't do is select only one addon item to be added to the sales screen and the others to be only displayed.

Hope this helps.
    BIsrael wrote:I have several inventory items where the add-on is used to uniquely identify the product. Is there something in RE that will allow me to identify that at least 1 add-on must be selected with the inventory item sale?
  • BIsrael
    New User
    New User

by BIsrael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't really want to select only 1 add-on, I want to verify that 1 and only 1 add-on is selected as part of the sale.

I could rebuild the inventory so that all variations (Inventory + addons) become distinct inventory elements but I'm concerned that the list of inventory items would soon become difficult for the clerks to navigate/manage. The current model allows me to put all of the inventory items on one Quick List tab which is very easy or the clerk to navigate.

Perhaps a future release might allow for a user defined edit to confirm that the sale is complete. In my case, I would need to be able to check that for these specific inventory items 1 and only 1 add-on was selected.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 am

I am still a little unclear about what you are trying to do. Maybe if you can give me a specific example. When putting to the example together try to keep it as general as possible. As you know new features are prioritized based on how many people we think would benefit from a particular feature.

I am also not really sure how we would determine if a sale is complete. Every sale has to have an item on it? You can have a note with particular items that will popup and flag the clerk to do something like "make sure you add a certain item onto the sale". However I don't really understand how we could incorporate your into a general feature that would work for all customers.

But let me know more.

BIsrael wrote:I don't really want to select only 1 add-on, I want to verify that 1 and only 1 add-on is selected as part of the sale.

I could rebuild the inventory so that all variations (Inventory + addons) become distinct inventory elements but I'm concerned that the list of inventory items would soon become difficult for the clerks to navigate/manage. The current model allows me to put all of the inventory items on one Quick List tab which is very easy or the clerk to navigate.

Perhaps a future release might allow for a user defined edit to confirm that the sale is complete. In my case, I would need to be able to check that for these specific inventory items 1 and only 1 add-on was selected.
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1