Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Discount Rule Report and coupons for product sold by the lb.
  • yodersmart2
    New User
    New User

Discount Rule Report and coupons for product sold by the lb.

by yodersmart2 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:32 pm

I cannot find how to pull a report for the coupons that were brought in (using the Discount Rules) by customers. I found a report for "Discount Summary" under Sales category but this doesn't seem to it.

Also, we are a bulk food store and sell many products by weight -- we break down large bags into smaller ones and then label them with our scale. The weights on products vary considerably and many are not quite a pound total. I wanted to offer a coupon for customers that will give them, for example, 25 cents off a package of tea mix, which is 0.8 by weight. The per lb price is $3.75 but the package price is $3.00. So, the POS takes off only 20 cents per package, or really 25 cents off the per pound price.

Any help is appreciated.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Discount Rule Report and coupons for product sold by the

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm

There is no Coupon reports. We are always adding new reports. So if you have some suggestions for reports that will help your business please let us know. When you make suggestions please try to be as clear as possible about what information (fields) you want to see and to tell us why you need this information. We prioritize features and reports on how many customers request a feature and how useful we think it might be to others.

On the weighted items, if you are labeling them with your scale you have a couple of options. You can change the price of the item in the scale and also in RetailEdge. Or you can keep the price the same (undiscounted price) in the scale and then apply a discount rule to the scale item(s) in RetailEdge. For random weight barcodes, the price is built into the barcode. When RetailEdge sees the code, it will calculate the weight of the item based on the unit price (per lb/oz/kg price) in the program. If you have a discounted rule applied to the item, RetailEdge will calculate the weight of the item based on the original price and then discount the extended price.

If you need more information about scale/weighted items, look at the RetailEdge help file and search on "Random Weight".

Hope this helps.

yodersmart2 wrote:I cannot find how to pull a report for the coupons that were brought in (using the Discount Rules) by customers. I found a report for "Discount Summary" under Sales category but this doesn't seem to it.

Also, we are a bulk food store and sell many products by weight -- we break down large bags into smaller ones and then label them with our scale. The weights on products vary considerably and many are not quite a pound total. I wanted to offer a coupon for customers that will give them, for example, 25 cents off a package of tea mix, which is 0.8 by weight. The per lb price is $3.75 but the package price is $3.00. So, the POS takes off only 20 cents per package, or really 25 cents off the per pound price.

Any help is appreciated.
  • bfriesen
    New User
    New User

Re: Discount Rule Report and coupons for product sold by the

by bfriesen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I read a post that you mention the more customers that ask for a report, the more likely you are to program that report into future versions so I'm adding my vote :)

I would also like to see a report that shows how many coupons of a specific discount rule have been redeemed and some details about the sales that were driven by the coupon such as average sale size.
    Thanks, Brock
  • bfriesen
    New User
    New User

Re: Discount Rule Report and coupons for product sold by the lb.

by bfriesen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi I'm just reposting something posted in 2013... still looking for it :)

I read a post that you mention the more customers that ask for a report, the more likely you are to program that report into future versions so I'm adding my vote :)

I would also like to see a report that shows how many coupons of a specific discount rule have been redeemed and some details about the sales that were driven by the coupon such as average sale size.
    Thanks, Brock
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1