Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
RetailEdge DashBoard--SetUp
  • mothersheart
    New User
    New User

RetailEdge DashBoard--SetUp

by mothersheart » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 am

I love the new DashBoard, but how do I set it up on the boss's computer so it shows our sales?
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

Re: RetailEdge DashBoard--SetUp

by Andy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 pm

The RetailEdge Dashboard utility is really a combination of the newest version of RetailEdge (8.2.4) and a RetailEdge Dashboard client application. The first step in configuring the system is to edit your RetailEdge workstations settings:

From the RetailEdge main menu, select Tools / Settings / Workstations. Find and modify your RetailEdge workstation.

From the Edit Workstation form, select the Dashboard tab. Check the "Turn ON RetailEdge Dashboard Posting Utility" checkbox. You also need to add a password. The RetailEdge Dashboard client application will need to use this password. While here, make a note of the Dashboard ID. This will be needed in the client as well.

The next step is to install and configure your Dashboard client. Once you have the Dashboard client running, edit the Options and/or Preferences (depending on whether you are running the Windows based client or the Mac based client). You will need to enter a Business ID (the Dashboard ID from RetailEdge) and your password.

That's it. Once things are setup, Retailedge will automatically post sales updates on a regular basis to the Dashboard server. The Dashboard client application will check for updates and "ring" when it finds new sales.
  • OtterMgr1
    New User
    New User

by OtterMgr1 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Have just set-up dashboard and have two questions: the dashboard short-cut on my computer updates the sales, but the date of last sale says "Nov 2 5:05p", however, I am running retail edge in demo mode....could that be why? Also, can we use on iphone or is approval still pending. :|
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 am

Approval is still pending on the iPhone app.

The fact that you are running in demo mode is the problem. You must be registered as a silver level users (which you are) but the level is associated with the dongle, so unless you have this in the computer that is posting sales to the dashboard, then there is no way to tell the system that you are silver.

Hope this helps but let me know if you need more.
    OtterMgr1 wrote:Have just set-up dashboard and have two questions: the dashboard short-cut on my computer updates the sales, but the date of last sale says "Nov 2 5:05p", however, I am running retail edge in demo mode....could that be why? Also, can we use on iphone or is approval still pending. :|
  • OtterMgr1
    New User
    New User

by OtterMgr1 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks for your quick response below...can you perhaps let me know how to change from demo to regular status in all our computers so our dashboard will work when the iphone app is approved? :P
  • peakskishop
    New User
    New User

by peakskishop » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 am

I have setup Dashboard on each of our workstations, created the password and noted the Business ID for each workstation. I have uploaded Dashboard to Fred's ipad, but when I type in the Business ID and Password and hit "Update Sales Info Now" I get an error message that says, "Invalid Business ID or Password". I know I typed the password correct, I have done it and redone it and redone it to make sure. I have also tried typing the business ID with the space between the 2 sets of numbers and without. Neither way seems to work.

1. Which way should the numbers in the Business ID be entered (with or without space)?
    2. Is there a way to get the data for all workstations without re-entering the new business ID each time?

Thanks!
    Tracy
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 am

Tracy,

The Business ID needs to be just as it shows on the RetailEdge workstation setting.
    RetailEdge dashboard needs to be/should be setup only on 1 workstation. It will summarize all information for the entire location (or locations if you want to set it up this way in the workstation settings).

Then once it is setup, you should force the push of information from RetailEdge by clicking on the bottom of the main form where it says Dashboard ON. This will ensure that your changes make it up to the cloud server with all your new ID and password information. Then you can go into the iPad app and press the Update Sales Info Now button and get the newest data from the location.

Hope this does it for you.

peakskishop wrote:I have setup Dashboard on each of our workstations, created the password and noted the Business ID for each workstation. I have uploaded Dashboard to Fred's ipad, but when I type in the Business ID and Password and hit "Update Sales Info Now" I get an error message that says, "Invalid Business ID or Password". I know I typed the password correct, I have done it and redone it and redone it to make sure. I have also tried typing the business ID with the space between the 2 sets of numbers and without. Neither way seems to work.

1. Which way should the numbers in the Business ID be entered (with or without space)?
    2. Is there a way to get the data for all workstations without re-entering the new business ID each time?

Thanks!
    Tracy
  • peakskishop
    New User
    New User

by peakskishop » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you!
    Tracy
  • bfriesen
    New User
    New User

by bfriesen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Where do I find the Location Name and Business ID to setup the iPhone App? All I see is LocID, RegID, and Company name in RetailEdge.
  • bfriesen
    New User
    New User

by bfriesen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi, As per the instructions:
    2.Edit your Workstation Settings from the Tools|Settings|Workstations menu item and press the Dashboard tab.
    3.Select to Turn On the Dashboard Utility by selecting the Checkbox.

Where is the "Dashboard Tab"? I do not see it in Tools/Settings/Workstations menus...
    Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 am

All the Dashboard settings have been moved to RECAP (RetailEdge's Centralized Application Platform), where we store all applications that require RetailEdge to talk to an outside application or site.

You can find the latest setup information here.
Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1