Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
Anthony Cares: Commonly Asked Questions
    Anthony

Anthony Cares: Commonly Asked Questions

by Anthony » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:36 am

Hi all, today we are going to cover some of the most common “quick” questions we receive. If you have a quick question please send your question to support@retailedge.com and who knows maybe I will select your question for future follow ups of this post and we can help someone else out.

“What is the difference between Count and Qty on my report?”

Qty is the on-hand inventory you have for a particular item, Count is the number of items under that category. For example, if you had a Department “Consumables” with 2 items, “Food” and “Drink” and you had 5 of each of those items, you would have a Count of 2 and a Qty of 10 under the “Consumables” Department.

“What is Last action date?”

The last action date for an Item is the last time the Item was Sold, Received or modified in the Inventory manager.

The last action date on a Customer is the last time the Customer made a Purchase or was modified in RetailEdge.

The reason this data is important is if you wanted to purge information out of RetailEdge we use these dates to prevent the lose of data generated in the last 90 days.

“I am using the "as of" action date filter but the information is not exact. Why?”

The as of date filter looks at your current inventory items and what its quantities were back on that date. So if there has been any inventory changes such as price/cost changes, item deletions/purges, Department, vendor, class changes it will change the reports values.

Another way to look at it is the report is looking at the inventory as it is today but the quantities from the as of date.

If you did need exact information it would be best to switch to the Demo or Training databases and restoring a Back up from that time and running your reports.

“How do I sell and item that is not in my Inventory?’

On a Sales Screen where you can scan in a bar code press 0 then hit enter. The non entered item screen should pop up and you would be able to put in a dollar amount, description, select a department and even taxable status. Note: This is not the preferred way of ringing a sale but works in a pinch.

That's it for this week's FAQ's! Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be plenty more questions to be answered for you all! Remember if you have a question please email it to support@retailedge.com. Thanks for reading!
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1