Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
Anthony Cares Spotlight: Buy X, get Y at Z price discount rule
    Anthony

Anthony Cares Spotlight: Buy X, get Y at Z price discount rule

by Anthony » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi all! once again we are in the midst of another holiday season, and what better way to get people in your store than a sale? One of the most efficient ways to have a sale is to utilize the discount rules that RetailEdge has at your disposal. Today we are going to highlight the Buy X get Y at Z percent off.

1. Select Inventory | Discount rules | Edit

2. Select Add on the Discount Rules List window

3. On the Edit Discount Rule window Enter in your Discount rule information.

The Discount Rule name and description are your identifiers, so if you plan to have several like discount rules you may want to further classify them. For example: Buy-2-get-1 50% off shirts.

There are many different discount rules and what they apply to, feel free to check them out!

RetailEdge discount rules can be highly configurable, for example you can create a rule for the future by using the Start and End dates or reactivate a discount rule by changing these dates.
    -Start and end times are useful if you want to discount items only at certain times of day, i.e.; a bakery cutting prices of breakfast baked goods in the afternoon or evening.
    -Single Day of the week Is useful if you would only like the discount to take effect on a certain day, i.e.; Sunday blowout sale and the like.
    -Coupon code is used if you want to make the discount take effect when that code is entered into the sales screen.

4. Rule Settings tab

This is where you set what the discount does. This rule would only apply when 2 items are loaded on the sales screen and would apply a 50% discount to the lower priced item. The great thing about the Buy X Get Y and Z off – Group discount is that it will apply the discount to whatever items fall within the filter criteria and the flexibility to quickly apply a BOGO type discount quickly and automatically where the clerks do not need to enter information.

5. Location Settings tab.

You can use the location settings tab to remove locations from having the Discount rule apply to some of your other locations. In the scenario above we do not want to have the discount apply to the Outlet or Warehouse when the items may already be discounted.

6. Filter Settings tab

Select the Set Filter Criteria button

7. Select from the available filters and select Add.

For this example I want to have my Shirts and Pants Departments items in this discount rule, but in your case feel free to use which ever filter you would like. If you only want to discount a particular vendor use the Vendor filter with only that vendor selected and added. One great use I have seen is when a customer created their Inventory items, they preplaned the discounts they want to use on those items and added in the custom user field a unique identifier (BOGO Shirts for example) to have the discount rule apply to.

8. Once you are happy with your filters select OK

9. Select Save

10. Discount Rules – Batch Utility, Select the Run Discount Rule Utility

You should get a confirmation on the amount of items that the Discount Rule would apply too.

FAQ’s

I created a Discount rule but when I go to ring in the items on the sales screen they do not discount.
    This is typically due to an error in step 3 where the wrong date range or time range is selected.

I only wanted like items in a department to trigger the discount rule.
    This is typically done when someone selects several departments in step 8 expecting to create numerous discount rules, i.e .; buy 2 shirts get 1 free and also setup buy 2 jeans get 1 free, but did not want buy 1 shirt 1 pant and get the lower value free. You would have to set up 2 different Buy X Get Y at Z off rules with each selecting only one department.

I messed up and want to unwind a Discount rule.
    Select Inventory | Discount Rules | Apply/Purge Rules (Batch)

Select Next

Select the Action, the Discount Rule and Next

Hit the Run Discount Utility button

You will get the 3 prompts of Death: Are you sure, Are you sure again, Third and last Warning. Hit yes and ok to these prompts only if you are REALLY sure you want to remove the discount rule.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1