Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
Anthony Cares... Spotlight Keyboard Shortcuts
    Anthony

Anthony Cares... Spotlight Keyboard Shortcuts

by Anthony » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm

We are going to take a break from the tech heavy write-ups over the past few weeks. I would like to share with you some of my favorite keyboard shortcuts and their uses that may work for you.

In Sales:

+/= key – On the Payment screen, this will put the exact amount due for the sale.

F9/ Page up and F8/ Page down – Will cycle right to the next window in the sales screen. This just helps you got from Customer to Items to Payment screens and vice versa. I found this is really useful if you are using the Touch based sales screen on a non-touch system.

Ctrl + N – Will toggle values between negative and positive (Return/Exchange.) This and the next shortcut are two of my favorites for you traditional sales screen users. Use this when copying a sale from the Sales Manager to do a return. Note: This only works in the traditional sales screen

Ctrl + Alt + N – Will toggle item quantities on a sale between positive and negative (for returns.) Note: This only works in the traditional sales screen

Ctrl + Alt + L – This will add a Labor Rate to the sale. This one is super useful if you charge a labor rate or are looking to do negative discounting (charging more by a percentage on a sale). Note: This only works in the traditional sales screen.

Ctrl + Alt + P – This will give you the estimated Gross Profit on a sale. This can be really useful for manually discounting a sale to make sure you are not selling below cost or for those of you that are curious.

For more shortcut fun please visit our master list of shortcuts, found in the Tips and Tricks section here
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1