PCCharge
    patrickmanfred
    New User
    New User

PCCharge

by patrickmanfred » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:15 pm

If i want to keep my credit card processing company I can use PCCharge. Is this a separate software? Will the transactions still be processed through Retail Edge? Is this seemless like using one of the two processing companies listed?
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

Re: PCCharge

by Andy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 am

Yes, RetailEdge can integrate with PC Charge to process your credit cards. It is separate software and you will need to purchase PC Charge in addition to RetailEdge.

From a security viewpoint, you will need to set up PC Charge to use TCP/IP Connection method (standard), as opposed to the file method. Instructions for this are in the RetailEdge help file.
  • doryboat

by doryboat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm

If I can currently use any processor - does that mean I have already purchased PC Charge ?
    Or
    Did Retail Edge partner with other processors only recently ?

Thanks
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

by Andy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:56 pm

RetailEdge does not come with PC Charge. You would have to purchase that software separately (that said, we do sell it or you can get it from your merchant services provider).

We work with two direct merchant services partners, Payment Processing Inc (PPI) and Mercury Payment Systems (MPS). Both PPI and MPS offer very competitive rates and by using either PPI or MPS, you would not have to purchase PC Charge. We have been partnering with PPI and MPS for a long time.

Another thing to consider is that if you want to process debit cards, then you will need to work with either PPI or MPS. We do not certify nor support debit card processing with PC Charge.

Please contact sales@retailedge.com or call us at 800-755-9692 if you would like more information about credit card processing or would like contact information for PPI and MPS in order to get a rate quote.

Thanks.