Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
How Do I Correct a Sale?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How Do I Correct a Sale?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:53 pm

Sometimes it is useful to correct a sale when the wrong item has been sold or when the wrong payment method was used. If you want to correct your sales history for a posted sale: For Today's Sales Find the original sale in Today's Sales by choosing the Today's Sales from the Sales Management menu item on the Register menu or by pressing the Sales Mgr button on the Toolbar. Search for the sale you need to correct and press the Void button. Then press the Copy Sale button. This will copy all of the sale information into the Sales Screen. Make the appropriate changes to the sale (i.e., sell the proper items, use the proper payment method, etc.) and post the sale. For Past Sales Find the original sale in Past Sales by choosing the Past Sales from the Sales Management menu item on the Register menu. Press the Copy Sale button. This will copy all of the sale information into the Sales Screen. Remove the correctly sold items from the Sales Screen, put a negative quantity for the items that were incorrectly sold, and then add the correct items to the sale. Note: If only one or two items on the sale are incorrect, it might be easier to just exchange the item(s).. Post the sale. Note: If you correct a Past Sale, the sale date for that item will be shown as the date the correction was made. For Layaways Find the original sale in Layaway Sales by choosing the Layaway Sales from the Sales Management menu item on the Register menu. Search for the sale you need to correct and press the Cancel button. RetailEdge will ask you if you would like to return the customer's money. Choose Yes and return the money to the customer's credit on the Payment Screen. Note: You cannot void a completed layaway. Then reenter the Sale. On the Payment Screen press the Layaway button and convert the sale to a layaway. When you post the sale, use the customer's credit as the payment method.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1