Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Discount Rule Buy X Get Y% off
  • dapr
    New User
    New User

Discount Rule Buy X Get Y% off

by dapr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 pm

I am trying to set up a case discount for wine. The rule is: if 12 or more bottles of wine of the same size (750ml) are purchased, all bottles will be discounted at 10%. The bottles do not have to be the same brand; they just need to be in the wine department and the same size. So to set up the rule, I used "Buy X Get Y% off". We have 2 departments for wine (because of tax rate differences for certain wines). We have the size "750ml" in User Field 1. In Filter Settings, I clicked on Department and chose the 2 departments applicable. I clicked on User Field 1 and entered the value "750ml". When I scan 12 bottles that are not the same brand, the discount rule does not work. If I enter a quantity of 12 bottles for one particular barcode, the discount rule works.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Isaac

Re: Discount Rule Buy X Get Y% off

by Isaac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:58 am

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a rule that will function this way with different SKUs.

Please note that there are Discount Rule Types for:

"Buy X, Get Y at Z Percent Off - Item"
    and
    "Buy X, Get Y at Z Percent Off - Group"

"Buy X, Get Y at Z Percent Off - Item" would allow Buy 6, Get 6 at 10% but only on the same SKU.
    "Buy X, Get Y at Z Percent Off - Group" would allow Buy 6, Get 6 at 10% but with a mix of SKUs.

You kind of need "Buy X, Get Y Percent Off - Group" as a rule, which unfortunately doesn't exist. I have added it to our suggestions list on your behalf. You could maybe try "Buy X, Get Y at Z Percent Off - Group" with 6, 6, and 10 to approximate it though.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1