Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Calculating margin
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Calculating margin

by glowfish » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 pm

I get book pos with price only and a final margin calculated and subtracted from price total to show overall cost. Any way to automatically set a margin for a po so when I type in retail the cost will automatically generate? Instead of calculating each individual cost by hand.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Calculating margin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm

I am not sure I understand. The PO give you the price and margin and not your cost?

The RetailEdge price calculator (press the Price Calc button on the Inventory Editor Price tab) will give you a margin if you put in a cost and price or a price if you put in a margin and cost. But it currently does not calculate costs.

But let us know more about what you are trying to accomplish

glowfish wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 pm I get book pos with price only and a final margin calculated and subtracted from price total to show overall cost. Any way to automatically set a margin for a po so when I type in retail the cost will automatically generate? Instead of calculating each individual cost by hand.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Calculating margin

by glowfish » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 am

We figured it out. We just put in the whole order with cost and price the same and then discount the PO.
    Works perfect.
    Thanks
    Book orders always come with retail and final cost for all items on a line. The final order is then deducted by a percentage but it tends to change based on quantity ordered.
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1