Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Better Multiple Emails
  • Handcrafter
    New User
    New User

Better Multiple Emails

by Handcrafter » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm

2 or more email addresses for a customer would be very helpful. In a perfect digital world, this would include an associated First name, Last Name.

We use loyalty dollars and many customers are a couple with one account in Retail Edge who would both like to get our newsletter.

I export emails to mailchimp and the current setup puts both emails in one field. It's a mess. And there is no way to tell which email goes to which name.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Better Multiple Emails

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:59 pm

I have added this as a suggestion. We already have a suggestion to make this whole process automated through RECAP. However, it would be nice to have the names to make it more personal. The only issue would be that there might be some confusion with the sales/loyalty histories. Something like:

John, Smith, email1, $75 loyalty
    Hist, Wife, email 2, $75 loyalty.

Kind of doubling up. I don't think MC handles multiple emails per contact since they are an email utility. But this is just one of the things we have to think about and deal with when integrating with another program.

Handcrafter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm 2 or more email addresses for a customer would be very helpful. In a perfect digital world, this would include an associated First name, Last Name.

We use loyalty dollars and many customers are a couple with one account in Retail Edge who would both like to get our newsletter.

I export emails to mailchimp and the current setup puts both emails in one field. It's a mess. And there is no way to tell which email goes to which name.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1