Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
PICS reporting after the fact
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

PICS reporting after the fact

by glowfish » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Hello & Happy New Year!
    I am working through a bookshelf of sale items, trying my hand at using the PICS. Once I update and replace the values is there a way to print a report of PICS updates within a data range? I am working in chunks and want to do a total on shrinkage once I am done. I don't want to fill the PICS with all my chunks without updating because if there was a mistake it would get ugly. I am using my island and it is automatically filling the PICS list.
    Thank you,
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: PICS reporting after the fact

by glowfish » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:54 pm

I just realized there is another issue...
    I am done scanning in all my sale books. They are't in any other location in my store. The problem is what if some are missing? Then I am going to be stuck with the original inventory but the inventory needs to be zero for these items.
    What I would like....
    To see what items were never scanned in during a PICS list. I want to take a few days of scanning and updating items making sure that they are not in more than one location in my store. This would replace inventory and make sure that the inventory is correct. The problem is if there are missing items or negative inventory. How will I know which ones were never updated? That would be super helpful. Otherwise I am going to have to...not sure what.
    Thank you. Hope you can help!!!!
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 pm

I also have a question about what data is showing up in the Report: PICS Differential

I am seeing all the items that have a difference and it appears all the items that were not scanned. I just want to be sure before I update the inventory table that this is the case. We scanned a ton more items but they are not showing up on the PICS list. I am not going through all of them but it appears if the amounts were the same then they are not appearing on the list.

Just want to be sure!

Thank you!
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 am

I haven't heard back from anyone on this PICS issue.
    Isaac

by Isaac » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am

Vanessa,

Please see below:
    Once I update and replace the values is there a way to print a report of PICS updates within a data range?
    There is not a way to run a report on all PICS adjustments over a date range. You can, however, take the "Excel - Data Export" of the Inventory Value report from before PICS (Reports->Inventory->Inventory Value), and then take the same report after you are all done with PICS, put them each on separate sheets in Excel/Open Office/Libre Office, and then use Pivot Table to run a different on them. If you are running your physical Inventory by a Department, Class or Vendor, you can just run the differential while filtering for that Department, Class or Vendor for each "chunk" and then combine the reports when done.

The problem is what if some are missing? Then I am going to be stuck with the original inventory but the inventory needs to be zero for these items...The problem is if there are missing items or negative inventory. How will I know which ones were never updated?
    This is precisely what the PICS Zero step is for (top menu bar, Inventory->PICS->Zero Inventory). If you are doing your Inventory in chunks, I recommend using Department, Class or Vendor to filter and target "chunks". You can then run an Inventory report filtering for this Department, Class or Vendor afterwards looking for "<=0".
    I am seeing all the items that have a difference and it appears all the items that were not scanned...it appears if the amounts were the same then they are not appearing on the list.
    This is correct. The Differential is only meant to show the Differences in the Inventory. So if an item was Scanned the same quantity as it is in RetailEdge, there is no difference.

Let us know if you need more.
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1