Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Receiving Report
  • ter2514
    New User
    New User

Receiving Report

by ter2514 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

When receiving directly through the receiving tab (not via PO's). When we run our reports the vendor number and/or name does not print on the report. Is there any way to change this so it does print or is this something being considered in future enhancements?
  • ter2514
    New User
    New User

Re: Receiving Report

by ter2514 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 pm

The receiving report continues to be a problem for us. It is difficult to check for errors when it doesn't print the vendor name, item numbers, description. I'm I doing something wrong or is this the way it is going to be? We have a gold support plan and was hoping for a response. Posted original inquiry in December. Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Receiving Report

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Can you provide some additional information about what report you are running? The receiving report can be sorted by Vendor and so you should be able to see which vendor items are being received from. Also the report shows the stock number for the item. How are your stock numbers setup. Many users build their stock numbers off of manufacturer's product numbers so that they can easily see this information through the stock number.

This report is fairly limited in terms of how much information we can actually view before you run off the side of the page. We try to balance the information displayed on all reports but it can be difficult. When we reduce the font, we hear how people can't read the reports any more (getting old), when we add columns and remove others we find people love the old columns, when we go to landscape to incorporate new columns people complain that the report is now using too much paper.

As you mentioned, receiving from the POs will give you more of the information you need and so you might want to consider creating POs which is VERY useful in determining what is on order and your open to buy.

Anyway let us know what problems you are trying to solve and we will see if there is a better solution for you than simply changing a report column presentation.

And you are a Gold level support customer and so you should feel free to call us.
    ter2514 wrote:The receiving report continues to be a problem for us. It is difficult to check for errors when it doesn't print the vendor name, item numbers, description. I'm I doing something wrong or is this the way it is going to be? We have a gold support plan and was hoping for a response. Posted original inquiry in December. Thanks
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1