Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Signature Capture
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

Signature Capture

by wildman » Sun May 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I believe I asked before, is there any chance of adding support for signature capture. Would be great for Credit cards, and especially for House Charges, which we do a lot of, and most require 4 copies of the receipt. Signing oonce on a pad would be a lot better than having to sign 4 separate copies and up to 2 copies of voucher.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Signature Capture

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun May 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Yes we have heard this request before and we have modified our data structures to support signature capture.
    We think signature capture is a great tool for certain businesses.

As you mentioned it could be a convenience for customers if they are required to sign multiple copies. It is a great way of maintaining records for stores (especially Multi-location stores) so that they don't have to keep reams of paper receipts in order to document customer's signatures.

The problem is that these devices are expensive. Even the single line LCDs are are $300-400. Also an electronic signature does provide any additional guarantees that you will get your money if a credit card is disputed.

So once users find out these things they become less interested in the signature capture option. So we have not made this a great priority. But it is on the list.
    wildman wrote:I believe I asked before, is there any chance of adding support for signature capture. Would be great for Credit cards, and especially for House Charges, which we do a lot of, and most require 4 copies of the receipt. Signing oonce on a pad would be a lot better than having to sign 4 separate copies and up to 2 copies of voucher.
  • hdavisson
    New User
    New User

by hdavisson » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:43 pm

we would love signature capture as well... especially for retail edge island and cc processing away from the printer...
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

by wildman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Once again I will submit my plea for adding this, We do a big volume in House Charges, and more of our customers are requesting that tickets be sent to them electronically (saves paper, the Green way to Invoice), I have tried doing a reprint of the ticket, saving it as a pdf and sending it to then, but they will not accept it unsigned, so I have to copy and fax all the tickets. It would be so easy to reprint and send if there was a signature on the ticket. Please reconsider this addition.
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1