Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
How do I calculate end of year inventory
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How do I calculate end of year inventory

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 am

It is inventory time again and one of the questions we get a lot at this time of year is: How do I calculate my inventory costs and quantities for the end of 2010? This is one reason that you should run end of month reports at the end of the month. But if you need to get these quantities and costs you can try printing an inventory Item Detail - Grouped by Location report (Report Selector| Reports | |Inventory | Items | Items). You can then filter on the As Of Date and set this back to 12/31/10.

This will correct your inventory quantities so that they accurately reflect your inventory Quantities as of the set date. However, you should be aware that RetailEdge tracks it's costs as average cost. This gets adjusted when you receive items. There is currently no way to look back at inventory average costs at that point. So if you have received some items at significantly different costs than before then you will have to do the following:

1. Run the inventory report and don't use the as of date filter. This will give you inventory as of today with cost and quantitiy (INV)
    2. Run a sales report from 12/31/10 to today. This will give you the quantity and cost of the items sold this year. (SAL)
    3. Run a receiving report for the period 12/31/10 to today. This will give you the quantity and cost of items received this year (REC).

Then calculate the Inventory as of 12/31/08 with the following calculation INV as of 12/31/08 = INV + SAL - REC.

As long as you have not manually adjusted your inventory by adding directly to it this should be an Ok number.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1