Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1
RESTORE ERROR 9217
  • clotheshorse
    New User
    New User

RESTORE ERROR 9217

by clotheshorse » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:04 am

I have been backing up store data then restoring on my home computer to review sales etc. Last few times I have been getting Engine Error 9217 when restoring. I thought it was my flash drive, or error when backing up. Well, I have tried different flash drives etc and I have done the back up myself watching to see that it was successful.
    So, I uninstalled my RE from my home computer, then when I tried to re-install from the disk it won't even open. Now my disc is 8.0. I then downloaded 8.1 from your website, and did the optimize tables. Do I need to do that at the store first? I can restore up to 7/23......all back ups after that won't work. Due to many power outages could I have a damaged table?
    Help! Then what do I do so I can restore?>
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

Re: RESTORE ERROR 9217

by Andy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

We see this error from time to time. The first thing I would try is to verify your tables in the store (go to Tools / Verify Tables) and make sure there are no corrupt tables. Then try a new backup. At home, try copying the backup file to a folder on your hard disk and doing the restore from that folder instead of from the USB drive.

Good Luck.
  • clotheshorse
    New User
    New User

by clotheshorse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 am

Tried your steps.......thought I had it but didn't. Verified tables at store. Found one, the Audit file, fixed it. Ran the verification again on both computers to be sure. (redundant I know). Backed up system again from both computers on different flash drives. Came home, put flash files on hard drive. Tried to restore both, and had errors. So now what? This is a problem!!! I am at my high season, and need to review data everyday! HELP!
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

by Andy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 pm

The next step would be to send us a copy of the backup and see if we can recreate the problem. Sometimes a table will test OK with the Verify tables but still have an issue. We have better tools here and might be able to see what's going on.

If you are comfortable with email, then you can email us the RetailEdge backup file (support@retailedge.com).

Another alternative, especially if the file is too large for email, is to drop the file into a secure "DropBox" on our FTP site. The DropBox allows one to send us files without others being able to see them (in fact you won't be able to look into the DropBox either to verify that the files made it - one can only send files into the folder but not see the contents of the folder).

You can use Windows Explorer to copy the file to the Dropbox, The address is: ftp://ftp.highmeadow.com/incoming/

Please let us know once you've posted the file.
  • Eva
    New User
    New User

by Eva » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Rudi and Others!

I am getting the same 9217 error for the restore.

What is the login for the ftp server to send our copy????

I can't log in anonomously.

Thanks!

Eva
    www.tackroominc.com
    Pennsylvania
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:25 am

The upload site is ftp://ftp.highmeadow.com/. You will see an incoming folder. Just drag your file into this folder and send an e-mail letting us know it is there.
  • Eva
    New User
    New User

by Eva » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:59 am

Hi,

It comes up with an error. Also all the new back-ups appear in DW for opening in DreamWeaver.

It will not allow me to copy paste into that file.

I did e-mail it last night.

Thanks!

Eva
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:13 am

If the backups are coming up in DW then you have associated the bkp extension with Dreamweaver. You can edit these preferences in your Windows settings.

I will look out for your e-mail.

Eva wrote:Hi,

It comes up with an error. Also all the new back-ups appear in DW for opening in DreamWeaver.

It will not allow me to copy paste into that file.

I did e-mail it last night.

Thanks!

Eva
Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1