Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Star Micro SP-700, cannot remove detailed item info
  • ryangeneral
    New User
    New User

Star Micro SP-700, cannot remove detailed item info

by ryangeneral » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:25 pm

We just recently purchased a Star SP-700 reciept printer for our workstation. We had to do this because Windows Vista is not compatable with our old reciept printer, an Epson. Everything switched over fine. The problem that now the reciepts show the detailed item info (stock #, Item id) when before we had it set not to show that, for we had no need to see this information. When I looked in the workstation settings, the detailed item info was off. How can I fix this?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Star Micro SP-700, cannot remove detailed item info

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Sounds like you have changed the settings properly and this is the only place RetailEdge uses to turn off and on this information on a receipt. So if you are still getting the detailed information on the receipt, I would suggest double checking that you have set the receipts on the proper workstation and that the RegID matches the workstation you are trying to set. You can see the RegID for the workstation you are on on the Title Bar at the top of the main form. Restart RetailEdge to make sure the settings take.

If this does not work, you might want to try verifing and rebuilding your workstation file. This can be done by choosing Verify from the Tools menu. When you get to the Verification screen press ctrl-alt-R and this will display a list of tables to rebuild. Select Settings_Wks from the list and press rebuild. I really doubt that this would cause the problem but it is worth a try.

ryangeneral wrote:We just recently purchased a Star SP-700 reciept printer for our workstation. We had to do this because Windows Vista is not compatable with our old reciept printer, an Epson. Everything switched over fine. The problem that now the reciepts show the detailed item info (stock #, Item id) when before we had it set not to show that, for we had no need to see this information. When I looked in the workstation settings, the detailed item info was off. How can I fix this?
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1