RetailEdge 8.2 introduces significant changes including major changes to your data.
We ask all customers to make a backup before updating to 8.2. Also, please plan your update wisely. It's best to perform this update early in the week, during normal office hours. Do not wait until 5:00 PM Friday. We want to be able to help you if you encounter any problems. If you do the update after we're closed, you'll be out of luck until the next Monday.
Important Note: The update process may take 20 to 40 minutes per database. So be prepared and update when you have the time.
The main goal of RetailEdge 8.2 is to build a stronger foundation for future growth. The main focus of the 8.2 update has been to improve RetailEdge's core database structures which will allow us to add many new features during the next 2-18 months. It will also help us accommodate customer feature requests that we were unable to implement because the existing data structures could not support the changes.
1. Database Table and Field Additions. Many new database tables and fields have been added to allow new features to be added in the future. Many of the features that have been requested in the past have not been able to be included in the program because the tables and fields to support these features did not exist. These changes should allow most of these requested features to be included into the program in the future.
2. New OR Filters. Adding multiple filters of the same type will automatically perform an OR filter for a report or views. This works well for customizing reports and views for filters that only allow one selection criteria. For instance, if you are looking for customers in Postal Code '05255' and Postal Code '05251' you can now add both these filters to the list of current filters and this will allow the report or Manager view to display both criteria. This also allows you to exclude certain date ranges from a filter. So if you are looking for sales that are NOT within a particular date range, you can select a filter for all dates before the excluded date range and all dates after the excluded date range to give you what you need.
3. Discount Rules. See the most recent Help file for details on this feature.
4. Now allow 100% discount for department margins to allow department items to track $0 costs on items. This can be useful if you are tracking costs on items outside of RetailEdge and want RetailEdge to not have any costs associated with the sales of these items (e.g., shipping).
5. Added Tare weight field. This will automatically remove the quantity listed in the Tare Weight field from the quantity being sold. This is typically used for weighted items on a scale, but will be applied to any quantity sold for the particular item.
6. Customers, Clerks and Vendors can now have multiple e-mail addresses. E-Mail addresses can be multi-selected to allow e-mails to be sent to any or all e-mail addresses associated with a customer, clerk or vendor.
New Sell Through Report that will add Receiving into Beginning of Month calculations. This will allow a slightly different picture of sell through and is good for users who might not have a zero beginning of month inventory quantity otherwise.
7. Changed Logo to Allow Scaling of Logos
8. Pressing double ESC will allow for closing of Touch Sales Screen.
9. Check for Swipe in Payment Methods. Instead of pressing the + key to do exact change in a payment method, clerks were just swiping cards. RetailEdge will now trap for this and display an error.
10. Sales Screen will now display customer information and discount, customers store credit values, etc. at the bottom of the Payment Screen.
11. Added serial number lookup option on Sales Screen find form. RetailEdge's Sales Screen does a serial number check to determine if a serial number was scanned and will add the item to the sales screen. Lookups on serial numbers are similar to other Sales Screen lookup criteria.
12. Changed State to State/Province for our Canadian users.
13. "Green Initiative Feature": Removed extra space on the Receipts to reduce the amount of receipt tape used.
14. "Green Initiative Feature": Added Total Saved to bottom of Payment Screen to allow users that are not printing receipts to be able to quickly tell their customers how much they saved.
15. Added some extra security checks on Sales Manager.
16. Added ability to copy QuickList from one location to another.
17. Added "Notify on Sales Screen" Notes option for Department SKU Stock Types.
18. Added Customer Lookup button on Purchase Order Ship To's to facilitate adding Customer Addresses to Drop Ship POs.
19. Ctrl-Home in lower portion of Customer Manager will now take users to the first sale record.
20. Added Sale Note and PO Number Button on Customer Portion of Touch Sales Screen to allow users to more quickly access these functions.
1. Changes to better accommodate Windows 7 security issues.
2. When a Vendor is deleted and then a new vendor is created using the same Vendor Code as a deleted Vendor Code subsequent POs created will now have the proper vendor code assigned to them.
3. Access violation on changing prices on a packaged fixed.
4. The tape style receipt no longer includes deleted payment methods in the PMT report.
5. Items that have been merged into another item and have been deleted will no longer get added to the sales screen when the old items barcode is scanned.
6. RetailEdge will now check whether an item has already been sold when deleting items from a Purchase Order or Receiving, before removing the item from inventory.
7. Case Splits when quantities become 0 or less than 0 during a sale will now calculate quantities of the case only to 0 and the lowest case item will be taken to negative quantities as required by the sale of the items.
8. Merging of Matrix children is now properly handles creation of an alias in the To item to allow scanning of tags for the deleted From item.
9. Purchase Order number is now saved on Saved Sales (Quotes).
10. Some UI changed to allow for users to have Windows display settings set to 120 DPI.
11. Sales Tax rounding issue fixed.
12. Added a new validation to prevent Clerks from having the same ID.
13. Added ability to have matrix children be properly imported during a REDI import.
14. Bottom of touch sales screen will now display the clerk ID associated with each of the items on the sales screen.
15. QuickList reload and out of date error fixed.
16. Reprinting closing report no longer uses current starting cash amount. Summary closing report now properly summarizes starting cash amounts.
17. Autogenerated TOs after receiving and updating POs will properly set pricing for local location when pricing for secondary location differ.
18. In order to properly void debit cards so that the balance is not remain on the customers debit balance, RetailEdge will now require a Debit swipe when voiding a sale where a Debit card has been used.
19. Purchase Order Manager will now refresh properly when changing name of Purchase Order.
20. Fixed Add New Location failure with Large Databases.
21. Closing summary report now better handles multi-location reporting for different time zones.