RetailEdge supports the Verifone 1000SE PINPad. To setup RetailEdge to use the PINPad you should do the following:
1. Open the Device List by choosing Devices from the Tools Menu.
2. If you don't see a device for PINPAD, you should add it by pressing the Add button
3. On the Device Info tab of the Editor, you should enter the following
a. Device Name: PINPAD
b. Description: Verifone 1000SE
c. Device Type: PinPad
4. On the Serial Port Tab you should enter the following
a. Baud Rate: 1200
b. Data Bits: 7
c. Parity: Even
d. Stop Bits: 1
e. Flow Control: Software XOn / XOff
After this is done, then check to see if RetailEdge has the correct Debit Card Settings. This can be done by:
1. Choosing Workstations from the Tools|Settings menu in RetailEdge.
2. Modifying the Workstation you want to Edit
3. Pressing the Debit Card Settings on the Credit Card (1 of 2) tab
4. Choosing the proper COM port and then Selecting the PINPAD device.