It does not really matter where you do the upgrade. However, I would recommend the following:
1. Install RetailEdge 8.0 Client Server on the machine where you ultimately want the RetailEdge dataserver to reside.
2. Install RetailEdge 7.5 on the same machine.
3. Perform a RetailEdge 7.5 backup on the old RetailEdge machine.
4. Take this backup to the new machine and Restore it into the version of RetailEdge 7.5 on the new machine.
5. Run the conversion utility to convert the 7.5 data to 8.0. This can be found in the RetailEdge 8.0 installation directory.
6. Install RetailEdge Client Only on any other machines you want to run RetailEdge on. Then tell the clients the IP Address of the RetailEdge dataserver machine.
Hope this helps.
CRNugent wrote:I have an older machine that is our primary workstation running RE 7.5. I want to upgrade the machine as well as RE to v.8.0. Should I upgrade RE on the current machine, convert the data to v.8.0 and then set up the new machine?