fwhorch wrote:We're waiting on this integration as well. What's the prognosis?
As we ramp up our web site sales, we need a better way to keep track of stock levels and we'd like to use RetailEdge.
Any update on the web integration timeline and strategy would be greatly appreciated! We like RetailEdge for our in-store sales, but we are going to need web site integration this year and so far Retail Edge doesn't seem to provide it.
sam wrote:Is this still the Ecommerce solution of choice for Retail Edge integration? Has this project started? When do you have the integration with OS Commerce "scheduled" for completion?
All_Things_Fun wrote:sam wrote:Is this still the Ecommerce solution of choice for Retail Edge integration? Has this project started? When do you have the integration with OS Commerce "scheduled" for completion?
Hey guys! I also wanted to throw my hat in with this one. We are setting up our webstore with OS Commerce and would love to be able to integrate Retail Edge. What's the current time line for this project? Is it still in the works?
Eva wrote:Any luck with the Beta test for OS Commerce?
I need customer information dumped into Retail Edge and dumped into UPS if that's possible??? Then we wouldn't have to be retyping.
I'm not so interested in the inventory sync as we reorder most of our items and I would prefer that our customers don't really know if we have it. We normally receive new items within a week and keep them updated on the status.
Thanks in advance.
fwhorch wrote:We have set up shop online with cs-cart (http://www.cs-cart.com/). We really need integration between our online sales and Retail Edge!
We looked at OS Commerce, but went with cs-cart instead because it has a richer feature set while also providing full source code allowing for our own modifications.
Here is how we answer the questions posed earlier:
1. Are you going to process credit cards on-line and then dump sales into RetailEdge or are you going to dump orders into RetailEdge and then process the orders through RetailEdge as you get them?
We process orders online and then dump sales into RetailEdge. Right now this means manually keying in customer information and items sold.
2. How are you going to handle order fufillment? How are you going to let the system and the customers know when an item has shipped?
We use the order fulfillment features of cs-cart for notifying customers. As far as RetailEdge, we just process the sale as usual and don't track order status there at all. Maybe we're not using a feature of RetailEdge that we don't know about, but all we do with RetailEdge is record a sale. All of the order status tracking (for online sales, phone sales, mail order, and special orders) is done outside of RetailEdge, mostly on paper.
3. Are you going to be allowing customer log-ins so that customers can obtain the same store discounting that they receive in the store on-line?
We want to. We can set up customer accounts in cs-cart and customer accounts in RetailEdge. We'd like to link them together. We'd also like to link together gift certificates.
3. Do you care about tracking web orders separately?
Yes. We want to track our web channel separately to get a sense of how it is performing compared to our brick and mortar channel.
4. Do you want inventory posted up to the on-line store? Batch or as requested?
This is the major issue for us right now. We can't figure how to do either batch or as requested. We would prefer to do as requested so the web store has a real-time inventory count that we and our customers can rely on.
5. Are you going to be building pages based on requests to RetailEdge data or are you going to have a separate database for inventory information?
We have a separate web database for inventory information. We'd like to pull in data from RetailEdge in real time into our web database.
6. Are you going to be displaying real time inventory quantities or doing a nightly posting of information?
We would like to display real time inventory quantities.
7. Do you want to display actual quantities or just availability? Do you want to setup minimum inventory levels for items that if the RetailEdge inventory (or on-line database) inventory levels fall below, that the site will show Not Available?
We want to display actual quantities. Our site shows backordered status and allows quantities to go negative to reflect backorder demand.
8. How are you going to handle size and color (matrix) items on your site? Some people have pages of items for each color item and then have a dropdown of sizes. Other people have one page for each item style but then have dropdowns for each size and color.
We do a matrix as appropriate. cs-cart is very flexible in this regard.
9. Are you going to want to mask your item numbers on the site? (so that competitors can't see who you might be buying from.)
No, we use the same SKU on our web site as in our store.
barkleyburger wrote:So after a few years, has any movement happened on the integration with any ecommerce solutions?
if not any hack way to get the excel file exports from RE into ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT?
aanyad wrote:Hey I am completely new with this post so please give me some useful information more. I got some of it from the discussion but still need some more.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest