With the addition of the import functions into RetailEdge, we have added a number of ways that you can use RetailEdge. However, there are still some uses that will need the purchase or either additional copies of the program or purchase or an additional workstation license. Listed below are some of the uses that will require the purchase of another copy of RetailEdge:
1. Another physical location running RetailEdge with a separate inventory.
2. Another location that is using all three of the main RetailEdge functions Inventory, Purchase Orders/Receiving, and Sales and operates continually for more than 2 weeks at a time.
Typical types of uses that do NOT require the purchase of an additional copy of RetailEdge are:
1. Home Machine
2. Trade shows (operating less than 2 weeks)
3. Temporary trunk shows, tent sale, and "demo days" type applications.
4. Warehouse receiving
5. Machines used for temporary inventory management (price changes etc.) and
6. Kiosks (not containing separate inventories and are used only as adjuncts to the main store)
7. Temporary registers (operating less than 2 weeks)
Typical types of uses that do require the purchase of an additional copy of RetailEdge are:.
1. Seasonal uses (using RetailEdge for more than 2 weeks continually e.g., summer rental shops)
2. Secondary stores.
3. Kiosk type stores if they are the primary store location.
These are just examples. If you have any questions about whether you will need an addition RetailEdge license, please call us at 800-755-9692 or refer to the license agreement that came in your RetailEdge box.