Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Repeated inventory items how to delete/merge?
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Repeated inventory items how to delete/merge?

by glowfish » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Sometimes we accidentally create a new stock number for an item we already have in inventory. Either the company changes the stock number on us or we forget to check our inventory and tweak it a bit. Please let me know how you suggest fixing this. I would delete but there have been sales on both items.
    Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Repeated inventory items how to delete/merge?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:28 am

If it is truly a mistake, then you can simply merge the items (Tools|Global Change|Inventory|Merge Items). This will allow you merge all item receiving, sales, order information from the Old SKU into the New.

Sometimes this is a good idea when you have made a mistake. Remember though, that when you delete an item, it is only turned off and not truly deleted. So if you don't have any sales or receiving history on an item, you can simply delete it. And if you need to just turn it back on by re-receiving it.
    glowfish wrote:Sometimes we accidentally create a new stock number for an item we already have in inventory. Either the company changes the stock number on us or we forget to check our inventory and tweak it a bit. Please let me know how you suggest fixing this. I would delete but there have been sales on both items.
    Thanks
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Repeated inventory items how to delete/merge?

by glowfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Great function. Thanks!
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1