Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
How Do I Change Label Sizes When Using a Zebra/Eltron 2824?
  • RetailEdge User
    New User
    New User

How Do I Change Label Sizes When Using a Zebra/Eltron 2824?

by RetailEdge User » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:31 am

I use a Zebra (Eltron) LP-2824 label printer. I'm having trouble changing label sizes. Is this a RetailEdge issue or a printer issue?
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

by Andy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:59 am

When using the Zebra 2824 label printer and RetailEdge 7.5, there are three general steps for changing label size.

Step 1:

1) In RetailEdge, go to Tools / Options and then select the "Pricing Labels" tab.

2) Make sure that you have selected the correct Label Printer (e.g. Zebra (or Eltron) LP-2824) and that you have selected the correct Pricing Label Style (e.g. "Eltron 1.2"w X 1.0"h, 2 up (Lanscape)").

3) Exit out of RetailEdge.

Step 2:

1) In Windows, choose Start / Control Panel / Printers and Other Hardware / Printers and Faxes.

2) Right click on the Zebra printer and then Left click on Properties.

3) On first page, select the Printing Preferences button.

4) Select the Paper/Quality tab.

5) Set the Paper Source to TOF Backup Enabled.

6) Select the Advanced button.

7) Choose a Paper Size to match the selection in RetailEdge (e.g. "Label 1.18 X 1.00 (2 across)"). Select the OK button.

8) Hit OK at the bottom of Printing Preferences.

9) Select the Device Settings Tab.

10) Once again, choose the correct label size.

11) OK your way out.

Step 3:

This step may not be necessary so try printing labels before you perform this step and then do this only if they don't print correctly.

1) Turn off the printer via it's On/Off switch.

2) Hold down the FEED button on the top of the printer. While continuing to the FEED button, turn on the printer.

3) AS SOON AS THE LIGHT BEGINS TO BLINK BEHIND THE BUTTON, RELEASE THE BUTTON.

4) The printer will eject some blank labels and then print some diagnostic information and then stop.

5) On the last label printed, it should print "Now In Dump Mode." Tap the Teal button once and it should print out one more label that should read something like "Out Of Dump."

At this point, the printer should be all set. Start RetailEdge and try printing a test label.
  • Rudi

Which driver do I have?

by Rudi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:35 am

The directions given above in Step 2 are appropriate for an earlier driver that Zebra has replaced with a newer Universal driver. To tell which driver you have, on the Properties page, if there are numerous Label selections in the Paper Available box at the bottom, then you have the new Universal driver. If blank, then you have the old driver for which Step 2 above is appropriate.

If you have the Universal driver, then, instead of setting the paper size and TOF Enabled as described in Step 2, instead run the Configuration Wizard button which you will find after hitting the Printing Preferences button on the new driver.
  • Letcokvab

by Letcokvab » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:55 pm

Good news
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: How Do I Change Label Sizes When Using a Zebra/Eltron 28

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:14 am

If you are going to be changing labels in the printer a lot, you might want to install the Zebra printer driver twice. Then you can setup one driver to print to one label size and setup the other to print to another label size. Simply rename one driver something like Zebra 1.2"w X 1.0"h and the other something like Zebra 2.25"w X 1.25"h. Then when changing label sizes you will just have to tell RetailEdge which printer you are printing to and which label size and won't have to setup the printer driver each time.

RetailEdge User wrote:I use a Zebra (Eltron) LP-2824 label printer. I'm having trouble changing label sizes. Is this a RetailEdge issue or a printer issue?
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1