Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Deleting Multiple Items
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Deleting Multiple Items

by glowfish » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 pm

I would like to delete a whole vendors list of items. I tried deleting vendor but it wont let you until all items are deleted. There are too many to delete by hand. Is there a way to export, do in excel then import? I am not sure how to do that. Is there a link to a list of steps in exporting, changing values, then importing back? I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.
    Thanks!
    ps I hope I don't have to call you until next year! These machines some how smell Christmas in the air.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Deleting Multiple Items

by glowfish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Waiting on a reply for this one. Let me know if there is a link on importing and exporting. I have searched but not come up with directions.
    Thanks!
    Anthony

by Anthony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Unfortunately using the export import process does not support the deletion of items. What you can do though is use the Inventory Purge Functionality in the program. Select Tools | Purge | Inventory | Inventory Items. You can then use the filters to hit the vendor that you are looking to remove. You can only select a Last Activity Date older than the last 90 days (Default is a year from the current date), so if there was activity within that time period on items they will be excluded.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:41 am

So I just tried to generate a PO but forgot to pick just the vendor and created 235! I don't want to do each one individually since there is only an option to delete one at a time now. I see your previous response in regards to purging but I did not see an option to purge POs. Can I export and import my PO list after making changes? Ugh.....
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1