Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
How do I create a custom receipt?
  • RetailEdge User
    New User
    New User

How do I create a custom receipt?

by RetailEdge User » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:26 pm

I am trying to modify or create a new receipt format. How do I do this?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: How do I create a custom receipt?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:54 am

RetailEdge Version 8.2.47 supports creating custom receipts. To create a custom tape style or page style receipt, you should do the following:

1. Get a template or design the layout of your new receipt.

2. Make a copy of one of the predefined templates. These can be found in the RetailEdge program installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\High Meadow Business Solutions\RetailEdge 8.2. There is one for the tape style (Receipt_Def_Tape_CC.txt) and one for invoice/page style (Receipt_Def_Full.txt).

3. Setup your workstation(s) to use this new template. You can do this by choosing Workstations from the Tools|Settings menu item and then editing/modifying your workstation. On the Receipt Options 1 tab you will see the boxes to select either CustomTape Style Receipt or Customer Full Page Style Receipt.

4. Edit the copied template. Shown below is a typical template showing how the page style template is laid out. Here are some things to know before you start working on your custom receipt.

a. The receipts are structured with bands. So each item placed on the receipt needs to be placed in the appropriate band.

b. There predefined reports that need to be specified with each item on the receipt. For instance the Layaway report, would be a report that would be visible on Layaway Sales or the PMT report is the report that summarizes payments for a particular transaction.

c. Measurements are in millimeters. So an 8.5 inch wide report would be 215.9 width (millimeters). Positions of items are relative to the band they are in.

d. Font colors are black by default, but you can change them to be any color you want. If you want red, you would just specify clRed. You can also use hex color codes like DCDCFE for lavender. Hex values should be prefaced with a $.

e. You should consider using DBMemo and SaleDataMemo field types when you think that you will have large amounts of data that needs to wrap (long item descriptions, notes fields, etc.)

f. You can comment out large sections of the template file with a starting value of <!-- and closing value of -->. This can be very helpful when starting out to allow you to remove sections that might not be relevant.

g. Boxes can be filled in with color by using the following tags:
    <Field_ShapeColor_Border>clBlack</Field_ShapeColor_Border>
    <Field_ShapeColor_Fill>clGray</Field_ShapeColor_Fill>

h. The Printer_Name should match the name of the printer you want to print to. Otherwise RetailEdge will try to print the receipt to your default printer. This can be especially important if you are printing multiple receipts to multiple (back office, kitchen receipt) printers.

i. A list of all the available tags, bands and reports, etc. can be found here.

j. To see how your changes are affecting the page style receipt, you can save your changes in your editor like Notepad, then reprint your receipt. The changes will be reflected and loaded each time you print the receipt.

k. If you just want to change what a particular label on a receipt says (language changes, or simple header changes, you might want to try using the method outlined in this forum post

Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1