Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
Anthony Cares... Using CSV to Update Inventory
    Anthony

Anthony Cares... Using CSV to Update Inventory

by Anthony » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Do you ever need to make mass changes to your RetailEdge inventory? Pricing updates, SKU changes, changes in class, vendors, etc. Here is a guide in using the CSV import features in RetailEdge. By the way, you may want to read up on Anthony Cares...Editing Data in Excel/LibreOffice.

If your vendor provides you an Excel file then be sure to save the file as a CSV format. You can do so by choosing the option Save As and then choose the CSV (Comma Separated Value) format.

This may seem lengthy and intimidating now, but bear with me because I have lined it out step-by-step with images so you can easily follow along.

Lets start with a export of your data. I am using the Demo Database’s export of the Bottom’s Department as an example.

Let's say I just need to update cost information, so I just changed the cost information and save the files according to the Anthony Cares…Editing Data in Excel/LibreOffice.

Next in RetailEdge go to Tools | Import

Select Next in the Import Utility Screen.

Select Inventory (CSV) and Next.

Select the File Folder and open the .CSV file you created earlier.

From the drop down select Import Type Select Inventory: Update/Replace existing records only (not Quantity). And select Next.

This Next Screen has three options:

Update Based on Following Key Search Field: Think of this as your constant for the import, the option select in this field must match Between the File you want to import and the RetailEdge Database.

Purchase Order Price Update Options: Use these options if you want the import to affect the pricing on Open PO’s or not.

Pricing Update Options: If you are a multi-location business you may or may not want to update every locations pricing. Once you finished selecting your options Select Next.

On the CSV Mapping Field using the Update Field Toggle select the field that you are looking to update. For the sake of the example I am updating Cost. Select Next.

Select the Start Import Process button. Let the utility complete and Select Ok then Exit

Your items should now reflect the Changes that you made on the file.

Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1