RetailEdge 8.2.10 Release Notes
Published October 18, 2011
This release is primarily for the introduction of RetailEdge Island, RetailEdge's Mobile POS Solution. This release also made multiple changes to the program to increase performance.
1. RetailEdge Island. Now users who purchase an island workstation or upgrade an existing client workstation have the ability to take this workstation out of the network and have it synchronize with the store when the workstation is brought back into the network or to work with a VPN/WAN and have real time data synchronization (user adjustable as fast as every minute) with the store.
2. Increased Multi-Store Synchronization (RECON) Performance. New version of our multi-location synchronization engine (RECON) provides faster synchronization and requires less system resources.
3. Increased speed of most reports. Used new SQL functions to significantly speed up reports.
4. Modern Retail E-Commerce Enhancements.
a. Allow Payment Method Mapping from Modern Retail sales.
b. Added Last Product Request Date to Modern Retail Integration to minimize the amount of data being transmitted to the site and help speed up data transfer process.
c. Only transfer 250 records at a time to minimize time outs. RetailEdge will do multiple transfers during each cycle if more than 250 records need to be transferred.
d. Better reporting of communication errors.
e. Added setting to allow the last product request date to be reset if necessary.
5. New Auto Delete Completed Sales Workstation Option. New option to allow automatic deletion of Completed Saved Sales, Open Orders and Layaways when being converted to Sales without prompt.
6. PCCharge 5.10 Support. RetailEdge now supports PCCharge 5.10. PCCharge made changes to the latest version of the program to require that the Cashier name and password be submitted with each transaction. We have added this information into the program. If you are using RetailEdge and upgrade to PCCharge 5.10, then you will need to add this information into RetailEdge workstation settings.
7. Moved Start Up checking for updates into a background process to speed up program startup.
8. PCCharge Version 5.10 Support. PCCharge has changed their program to require
9. Debit Payment Method added to Payment Media Filters.
10. Discount Rules are no longer allowed to apply to items that were entered into the sales screen as part of a package.
11. Changed the caption for editing customer and vendor notes so that the customer/vendor are displayed in the form caption.
12. Removed the last closing report adjustment screen for All Registers during the closing process. These values are already calculated for each register.
13. The gift card void no longer requires a customer if you have customer required on a Sales Screen.
14. PICs Import Default. Default for PICs Import Now SKU, Quan to better work with PICs Batch Devices.
15. Added a new credit card total line at the end of the cash drawer summary.
14. Date filter is now based on UTC values.
a. Inventory based Differential PICs report that shows but for any value different from PICs (not just shrinkage).
b. Inventory based Differential PICs report with costs.
c. Gift Card Detail - Date Range Report to give users the ability to drill down on particular gift card usage.
d. Layaway and Open Order Payment Detail Reports.
e. Add Exclude Transfer Order Check Box on Sell Through Report for multi-location businesses.
f. Added PO Filters to all compound reports. This changed these reports to show only items on these POs. This is different from other filters for inventory based Compound reports.
g. Changed all inventory and non seller reports to calculate costs for Split Pricing items.
17. Added the new promo column to the Items tab on Sales Manager. This applies to Saved_Items and Lay_Items as well.
18. Increased performance of sales posted for credit card transactions using multiple credit cards
19. Added Customer Phone Number to Traditional Sales Screen.
1. Inventory User Field 2 now properly being used in the Inventory Filters.
2. Inventory Action Date now gets adjusted by a receiving session
3. Canceling a layaway without retuning initial payment will now properly show adjustment on the Closing Report.
4. Sales Screen will now reset the date properly if left open overnight. The first sale will no longer get the previous date.
5. RetailEdge will now correctly discount a gift card with a customer discount, (similar to a department SKU)
6. Fixed Layaway and Open Order Minimum Rounding issues. Under certain circumstances RetailEdge would round up giving an incorrect message that that minimum had not been met on a Sales Screen
7. Changed how inventory calculation of inventory quantities is performed. Due to a a chip level rounding (Intel Chip Issue) issue when summing a series of numbers that have lots of fractional and negative values.
a. Payment Method Report now correctly Showing Cash Sales when doing a time based filter.
b. Payment Method Detail, selected Customer will now run properly.
c. Last Action Date on Inventory editor showing Modified date not Action date.
d. Non-sellers report in a multi-location run for all locations will now properly show items that have no sales in All locations and not in Any Location.
9. The house charge payment tab on the Customer Manager get automatically refreshed to allow the total payment balances to be calculated correctly.
10. Loyalty Batches will now properly calculate sales from Layaways that use split tenders.
11. Fixed buttons on Touch Screen Add-on Screen when using Large Fonts in Win 7 and Vista.
12. Added Batch Sales Tables to the Customer Merge.
13. Can now void a return to a credit card with integrated credit card processing that causes an error under rare circumstances.
14. Updated the message to include a reference to split quantity on the Sales Screen. This item has been weighed, has a split quantity value, or has a quantity-based discount rule associated with it. The Quantity field can not be edited.
15. Discounting non-stock items on the sales screen will now use the originally entered price to calculate the discount of the You Saved amount on a receipt.
16. If you use a Gift Card to make a payment to an outstanding balance of a house charge that is of a lesser amount, RetailEdge will now properly track the transaction on the closing report.
17. Deleting a PO will now check to see whether an item has been sold or received and if it has not the item(s) will also be deleted from inventory. Currently this feature only works in receiving.
18. RetailEdge will now properly scan for Aliases when scanning RetailEdge labels. RetailEdge was not properly trimming leading spaces from the barcode.
19. Merging of matrix parent items is now prevented.
20. Miscellaneous Typos.